Q: Escalade suddenly stop moving like it's in neutral.

I drove about 2 miles. Escalade stopped like it was in neutral when I hit the gas. I pulled over and cut it off. When I started it up it moved a little and stopped again. My check engine light never came on and it never cut off.

Hello. Most of the time this occurs when the fuel pump fails. The lack of fuel pressure will cause the engine to lose all power which will feel like a transmission issue. This will then cause the engine too cut off. I usually check the fuel pressure first. If there is none then the circuit needs to be tested too see if there is voltage getting to the fuel pump. If there is fuel pressure then the system needs to be scanned for codes as a bad air flow sensor or a bad crankshaft sensor can also cause this. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your cars shutoff issue, and make necessary repairs.