Q: If the engine is seized will the dashboard, radio and lights still work?

asked by on February 06, 2018

Was driving on the highway when my car made a noise. I pulled over & turned my car off immediately. Attempted turning the car back on and the engine would not start, but the radio, dashboard and lights worked. Checked the engine oil and there wasn’t any in there. Did I seize the engine or could it be the starter, alternator, or battery?

If there is no oil in the engine and it will not turn over then you may have seized it. The only way to know is to manually turn the crankshaft to see if it is seized or there is another issue for the stall and no start.