Q: Belt squeaks on start-up when cold or damp outside but squeak only last for few minutes

Belt squeaks in morning when cold or wet outside but squeak only last for few minutes,if its hot and dry belts are quite.

You should have the belt and tensioner checked to see if the belt is worn or stretched beyond its limit causing the tensioner to not keep it tight and allowing it to slip when damp or wet. Remove the belt and feel for any binding pulley on the engine and tensioner. Replace belt and tensioner of no other problems are found.

3. Belt squeaks on start-up when cold or damp outside but squeak only last for few minutes