Q: What's the difference between fully synthetic and semi synthetic oils

Would like to know the difference and why I would choose one over the other? Thanks in advance

A: The type of oil that should be used is a ve...

The type of oil that should be used is a very heavily debated topic that depends a lot on where you live (climate), driving style, and the car. Synthetic oils are engineered for very high stress performance/luxury vehicles that require the best lubrication under very harsh conditions. Semi-synthetic oils have a combination of synthetic oil and mineral based oil in them. If you are a normal everyday driver that does not drive in extreme conditions and typically drive in fairly normal weather climate, I would say you probably do not need to spend the extra money for a fully synthetic oil based upon the type of car you are driving currently. If you would like to have an oil change done for you, a certified technician can perform this service at your home or office using the correct oil.