Q: Blower motor made strange noise and then stopped working

My blower motor started making noise recently, then stopped completely. There are only 40k miles on it. Through the grapevine, I have heard of other Malibus with the exact problem I have. After I researched, it looks like GM did a factory recall on this as well. However, when I went to the dealership, the service advisor refused to handle this despite my low milage. Is this a common issue that they should have fixed?

I believe it is certainly an issue they should have fixed if a recall was indeed issued for this exact issue. 40k miles can easily be driven in as little as two years, so there is no reason that the blower motor should not be working after roughly two years of driving. This is another piece of evidence to suggest that this is manufacturer issue.

I would try taking your vehicle to a different dealership and print out the recall information and see if the other dealership will honor the recall. If the recall is not honored anywhere you go, I would then recommend searching around for the best price on a blower motor replacement. YourMechanic offers mobile technicians who can come to your house or office and fix issues like this at your convenience. I would also write a letter of dissatisfaction to the manufacturer of your vehicle.