Q: I Had a diagnostic test for Ford escort. What can I do about the Mass Air Flow sensor?

asked by on March 17, 2017

Check engine light is on,and had diagnostic test for Ford escort,something to do with the air flow sensor can it be cleaned or what is the best route to take.

Hi there. You can remove and clean the Mass Air Flow sensor with an electrical cleaner that is non chlorinated. If the sensor is cleaned out and the light is still on, check the intake hoses from the sensor to the throttle body for any leaks. There could be a loose clamp or a slight slice in the hose making additional oxygen entering the engine after the Mass Air Flow sensor’s meter. If the hoses and clamps are tight, then the Mass Air Flow sensor would need replaced. If the sensor was replaced and the engine light is still on, then the harness to the sensor needs checked if there no connectivity between the sensor and the computer.

If you need further assistance with your check engine light being on for the MAF sensor, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.