Q: Just replaced ignition coil went to drive my 1991 dodge ram d150 and then I lost power to my accelerator.

My truck stopped working so I replaced the ignition coil and it started right up. While driving on the interstate there was a loud pop and I lost power to my gas pedal. I have concluded that the loud pop was the exhaust repair kit coming off. Under the hood it looks like the throttle linkage bracket is missing. I have ordered the part. But I'm not too sure how to install it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there. Although a physical inspection would be required to confirm this, based on what you have described, it’s quite possible you experienced a backfire, which might have caused damage to the throttle body and even the linkage. If the ignition coil had a faulty of some sort or was not secured correctly, it might have changed the ignition timing and caused this to occur. I would highly recommend having a professional mechanic look at your vehicle to try and determine what happened and damage that has occurred.

3. Just replaced ignition coil went to drive my 1991 dodge ram d150 and then I lost power to my accelerator.