Just replaced ignition coil went to drive my 1991 dodge r...

Q: Just replaced ignition coil went to drive my 1991 dodge ram d150 and then I lost power to my accelerator.

asked by on May 30, 2017

My truck stopped working so I replaced the ignition coil and it started right up. While driving on the interstate there was a loud pop and I lost power to my gas pedal. I have concluded that the loud pop was the exhaust repair kit coming off. Under the hood it looks like the throttle linkage bracket is missing. I have ordered the part. But I'm not too sure how to install it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi there. Although a physical inspection would be required to confirm this, based on what you have described, it’s quite possible you experienced a backfire, which might have caused damage to the throttle body and even the linkage. If the ignition coil had a faulty of some sort or was not secured correctly, it might have changed the ignition timing and caused this to occur. I would highly recommend having a professional mechanic look at your vehicle to try and determine what happened and damage that has occurred.