Q: Changed the oil and now there's a tick coming from my engine

Changed the oil and now there's a tick coming from the engine

Hello, thank you for writing in. Cost commonly the issues with ticking noises in the engine stem from the valves and lifters that control the intake and exhaust flow through the engine. The engine oil lubricates and supports all of these components when its running. Due to the recent oil change, you want to make sure everything was done correctly. Ticking noises can be cause by the wrong kind of oil, poor oil circulation, or low oil levels. Check the level of the oil first. If the level is full, then you want to double check the kind of oil that was used with what is recommended in your owner’s manual. If all of the above checks out, check the oil filter is screwed on right, and that the oil pump is circulating oil as it should. For more help with this diagnostic process, contact our service department.

3. Changed the oil and now there's a tick coming from my engine