Q: Engine noise

asked by on February 04, 2018

So the truck doesn't turn on in six months and I'm alerted to a ticking noise. I wanna say its coming from under the valve cover it could be a valve either intake or exhaust. Heres a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV0wuo8lKSA is this a huge problem to fix or expansive? oh and while were at it in the run position the radio doesn't work

There is a few tests that should be done for the engine noise and the first is to find out what cylinder is not working and doing a compression test to see if the noise is a stuck open valve or the problem is in the piston bearings. It may be sticking valves or carbon that broke loose and is caught in the valve. Try running some combustion chamber cleaner through intake to loosen up valves and any carbon deposits. For the radio you will need to check the radio in accessory position and if it works there then you have a bad ignition switch.