Q: How long does it take for a person to put a distributor in a Chevy Caprice 4.3

I had a mechanic fix my car n I just found out that it was a distributor the whole time but I kick out 650already how I go about him over charging me I call the place after he told me how much the distributor was an I call an price it it was way cheaper

Hi there. It’s very difficult to estimate repair time without seeing the vehicle or how many ancillary components need to be removed in order to replace a damaged component. A distributor specifically can be time consuming to remove and correctly install, since it’s dependent on perfectly aligning the distributor and adjusting ignition timing after the replacement. In general however, this type of job in a shop environment can take up to 8 hours to complete correctly.

• How long does it take for a person to put a distributor in a Chevy Caprice 4.3