Q: Bleeding Hydraulic Clutch Line w/ Broken Bleeder Valve

Hello, My clutch is "spongy" and it seems the best thing to do is to bleed the clutch line via the slave cylinder. However, the truck is rusty and when I went to open the bleed valve on the internal slave cylinder and the bleeder valve twisted right off. It is not leaking (thankfully) but the clutch problem still remains. I think there is a leak somewhere in the hydraulic line because I need to periodically top off the clutch and brake fluid reservoirs. I would possible have to replace the slave cylinder which would cost a fortune at a repair shop because they would have to drop the transmission to get to it. Any thoughts on what you think the problem might be/what I should do to remedy the problem without spending thousands of dollars? Thanks!

You most likely have a leaking slave cylinder inside the transmission clutch housing. This is why you are loosing fluid. This will cause air to get into the hydraulic system and cause the spongy pedal. Have the transmission removed and complete clutch replaced along with the hydraulic cylinder and master cylinder kit.