Q: Will timing belt make check engine light come on

asked by on March 09, 2018

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo ss will the timing belt make the check engine light come on

If the timing belt breaks or if it has skipped a tooth, this can cause multiple check engine light codes to be stored in your vehicle’s computer system. This will then illuminate the check engine light. before having any parts replaced I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the check engine light. Consider YourMechanic as check engine light is on inspections can be performed at your home or office.