Q: Will timing belt make check engine light come on

I have a 2001 Monte Carlo ss will the timing belt make the check engine light come on

If the timing belt breaks or if it has skipped a tooth, this can cause multiple check engine light codes to be stored in your vehicle’s computer system. This will then illuminate the check engine light. before having any parts replaced I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of the check engine light. Consider YourMechanic as check engine light is on inspections can be performed at your home or office.

3. Will timing belt make check engine light come on