Q: Horn doesn't work when I push on the steering wheel but when locking car it does what would cause this problem?

my horn doesn't work when I push on the steering wheel but when locking car it does what would cause this problem

Hi there - your symptoms describe a failure of the horn switch itself. The fact that the horn works when the security system is armed (when locking the vehicle) indicate that the horn and the wiring to it work just fine. This leaves you with the horn switch in the steering wheel itself as the suspect component. I recommend an electrical component failure inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, confirm this diagnosis, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Horn doesn't work when I push on the steering wheel but when locking car it does what would cause this problem?