Q: Why does my 2009 GMC Acadia make a clicking/grinding sound when changing gears.

When taking off from a stop the transmission will change properly but there is a clicking/grinding sound and it also starts jerking. I have to let off the gas to get the clicking sound to go away. This also happens when going around curves or going at a slow speed. It will also jerk and make the clicking sound after getting down the road just not as bad. We have changed the transmission fluid but its still the same. When i crank up it idles up and skips but after a couple seconds it straightens back out to normal. What is wrong? Please help!!

Hi there. there are typically two reasons why this occurs. I have seen this happen simply because the vehicles computer needs to be updated. If the programming is off it can cause enough of a delay in shifting to where the vehicle will make this noise. In most cases though it is because one of the clutch shells cracks in the transmission which makes this noise. It can also be a failing cv axle, but that is not as common. I usually get the vehicle in the air and inspect it for the axles and if they are fine then the transmission needs to be gone through. This is best left up to a transmission specialist to repair.

• Why does my 2009 GMC Acadia make a clicking/grinding sound when changing gears.