Q: truck is ticking.

I stopped at a red light and the truck check engine light flashes and then dies. Tried to start it back up and all it did was make a weird grinding noise. So pushed it out of the road to get towed. Three days later I get it towed backed home and it fires right up! But now it has a ticking noise it don't go away when it is hot the continusy goes up with the rpms it don't over heat I checked the lifters and there fine. The ticking is much much louder underneath the truck than it is on top I was think I g maybe a cracked flywheel but Idk didn't check it yet. Please let me know what you think. I also have a video of The truck running so you can hear the noise. I had a few ppl over saying it's not a rod knock

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Grand Cherokee. It is possible that a cracked flywheel will make noise and also cause the crank position sensor to be given bad information. That may be the source of the Check Engine Light coming on. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the noise in person in order to determine the cause of the problem and make correct repairs.

3. truck is ticking.