Q: I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice with 50,000 original miles. The coolant light appears when the car is warm. The car is not leakin

There are no leaks. Do I need to replace the thermostat or is there a specific sensor needing replacement? The coolant light does not remain lit. It is intermittent. So when I connect the OBD II scanner it does not ready any codes. Please help.

If the coolant temperature light is on but there are no signs of overheating, the coolant temperature sensor may be faulty. If the coolant level light is on but the coolant level is fine, the level sensor can be stuck or shorted. The level sensor is located in the coolant reservoir bottle. When the coolant gets old and discolored, it can actually make the float for the level sensor stick. You can try flushing the cooling system in it’s entirety - a good idea anyway if it has not been done within the last 3-4 years.- and remove the coolant bottle for a thorough cleaning. That may help. If it does not, replacing the level sensor may be the solution.

• I have a 2008 Pontiac Solstice with 50,000 original miles. The coolant light appears when the car is warm. The car is not leakin