Q: Car starts then sputters off

My impala lights turn on when key is turned , car starts but sputters off after a few seconds like I'm out of gas . The day prior I noticed that when on the highway I pressed the gas to go faster and the engine reved a few seconds late . Someone told me spark plugs, someone said fuel pump and or the relay , also someone said the fuel filter but now I heard it's inside the tank. Please help me!!!!

A: This may likely be a fuel supply issue such...

This may likely be a fuel supply issue such as low fuel pressure or a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor is a unit used to monitor the throttle position of a vehicle. This sensor relays the position of the throttle plate relative to your foot's position on the gas pedal. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose this sputtering issue and replace this sensor if needed.