Q: Squealing noises from front passenger side

asked by on December 03, 2016

Hi. My car makes squealing noises from the passenger front tires every time I drive but not when I brake and the brake light comes on from time to time but I don't understand why if my emergency brake isn't on. Can you please help me figure out this problem. Thank you.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. If the noise and the light are related, then it is the rear brakes that are causing the noise. It is completely possible for an emergency brake to engage when it shouldn’t. This means components need to be replaced, and brakes need to be serviced. The emergency brake light may not be related at all, yet the front right brake may still be engaging when it shouldn’t. Again, a brake inspection may be the best bet. Squealing noises can also be caused by a rock or piece of debris of some kind being stuck in the brakes or rotor. Removing the tires and performing a thorough visual inspection is your best bet.