Q: My car won't turn nor will it accelerate.

My car has only done this twice. It seems to only do it when I hit speed bumps. I can come to a stop afterwards, but when I go to accelerate or turn, it won't. The steering wheel locks up and you can not go forwards or backwards. I tried putting it in park then in drive and go, but still nothing happens. The only way to make it go again is to turn the ignition off, then start the car again.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The transmission position sensor is malfunctioning and needs replaced. The transmission position sensor tells the computer (ECM) what gear the transmission is in. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr