Q: I installed a brand new alternator and now the belt won't spin when it did before why is this

asked by on March 30, 2018

I installed a brand new alternator and it's starting up but the belt is not spinning when it did before with the old alternator what is causing this

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $96.60 - $301.27 Get a Quote

If the engine is running, but the belt is not turning, the drive belt tension is inadequate, the belt routing is incorrect and/or other rotating elements (pulleys, etc.) in the serpentine belt circuit are seized. If you request serpentine belt inspection a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, will identify the problem and then get the issue resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.