Q: Car won't turn over but has new battery

My car won't keep running after it starts, except for about 2-3 seconds. After 3 to 5 times of trying to start it, then it won't even turn over. When this occurs, on the dash there is a red light on the left side that stays on (sorry, I forgot what the light says). My neighbor (mechanic) had already installed a new battery and he told me it's not the fuel system. He said it's probably the transmitter in the key. When I purchased it (pre-owned) there was only one key. What is causing this problem?

A: YourMechanic next door was most likely corr...

YourMechanic next door was most likely correct and you have a problem with the key anti-theft system disabling the vehicle. You will either have to have a specialized locksmith come to you, program the key and make new ones, or have the vehicle towed to the dealer. The problem was when you disconnected the battery; it somehow reset and will not recognize your key any longer.

Our certified mechanics come to you 銉籅acked by 12-month, 12,000-mile guarantee銉籉air and transparent pricing