Q: Check Engine Light on; car stays at one speed

The Check Engine Light is on, as well as warning lights for ABS, ESP, BAS, brake lining. The car stays at one speed.

Hello. It sounds like you have a transmission problem. If the transmission is staying in one gear, I would have your transmissions inspected by a certified mechanic. Since the other control units are missing, information provided by the transmission control unit in those systems will not be active. This is the reason your ABS and ESP lights are on. You may need to go to a transmissions shop if the vehicle needs a full transmission rebuild or replacement.