Q: the check engine light appears and it gives us the code P0170

The check engine light appears. We used a tool to get the code of the problem. It came up with the code P0170. We want to know and understand what is causing this issue and how to solve it. The car some times fail to accelerate quickly ( normally ), maybe cause of the air condition being ON. When i push the gas pedal to the bottom it's getting better. I dont smell anything or hear....I only feel that the car is not accelerating as it should. The car is the standard edition, with no turbo, the engine type is EJ20 2.0 L.

The P0170 trouble code does not necessarily go with your vehicle, but it indicates fuel control problems.

I recommend the following:

• Have the fuel pressure tested to see if it is too low or high.
  • Make sure that the fuel filter is clean, or has been replaced recently.
  • Scan the computer and look at the fuel trim data to determine whether you have a bad oxygen sensor, or another issue, such as a vacuum leak, is causing the fuel control problem.
  • It’s also possible that you may have a dirty or defective mass airflow (MAF) sensor.

A qualified mobile technician can come to your home or office to properly diagnose your Check Engine Light.