Q: My car makes a knocking noise. It does it a little when I press the breaks. Sometimes I can drive it and no knocking noise then ot

asked by on September 04, 2017

Sometime when I press on the breaks I hear a knocking noise. Then after a whlie I'll be driving and I'll hear a knocking noise while going down the road. The car shakes and knocks. The other day it started knocking and shaking and when I pressed the gas pedal I didn't go any faster. I had no speed at all. Can you tell me what this can be and if I'm going to be driving one day and my car just stops in the middle of the road? Also sometimes I can drive my car and it not make the knocking noise at all.

Before you drive the car again, you need to find the lug wrench and check to be sure that all your wheel lugs are tight You might have one or more loose wheels. If you don’t find a problem there, you might something worn out in the brakes or in the CV joints. You can have this checked at your convenience by contacting YourMechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your knocking noise and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.