Q: Fuel Pump not coming on

asked by on June 28, 2016

I have replaced my fuel pump and relay but fuel pump is not coming on when I turn the key over. I am getting power and ground to pump. What else could this be?

You say you are getting battery power and ground to the fuel pump but the pump is not coming on? If this is the case, then the pump connector is bad. There is a technical bulletin that the connector should be replaced when a new pump is put in. The connector gets overheated and the plug will not fit the pump pins tight enough. When you test the plug, it will get power but not be able to power the new pump.