Transmission problems 2011 l4-2.4l hybrid hyundai sonata

Q: Transmission problems

asked by on December 16, 2016

I put my car in drive and it goes nowhere so I restart then it works fine what make this happen My car has a problem when I put it in drive I rim motor up and it jumps in to gear very hard like boom or bang.

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that you are experiencing some sort of potentially serious transmission issues. The symptoms you describe can be caused by many things. The first thing I would do is check to make sure that the vehicle’s transmission fluid is at the proper level and not excessively dirty or contaminated. The transmission fluid for this vehicle can be checked with the fill/check hole mounted on the side of the transmission. If the fluid is low or dirty it may affect the operation of the transmission, as it operates using fluid pressure. Other possibilities are issues with one or more of the transmission sensors or solenoids, such as a pressure sensor or shift solenoid. These sorts of components control the transmission shift points and can cause an issue if one or more of them experience a malfunction. It may also be possible that there is some sort of internal transmission issue, perhaps in the form of a bad torque converter or transmission gear. If the check engine or power train light is on then retrieving the trouble codes may shed some light on what the issue may be. As these sorts of issues can sometimes be difficult to diagnose, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose what the issue may be.