Q: Illuminum scraping or ticking when warming up and driving it out of driveway but then stops, whats the problem??

asked by on February 04, 2017

I have a bad wheel bearing in front passenger side so it hums, I have the part and am in process of fixing but now I hear a new sound, an illuminum type ticking or scraping, only happens when I warm it up in park and when I first start to drive and it changes gears for first time around 10 -15 mph, I hear it everyday and same scenario but stops after like 30 seconds.

Change Oil and Filter $92.43 - $157.60 Get a Quote

The noise sounds like a lifter tapping on the engine. This is caused by dirty engine oil and or a plugged oil filter. I recommend servicing the engine oil and filter first. If the noise continues, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you with your engine.