Q: One of my front tires is angled different now that I hit a rock. Could an alignment fix it? 2007 Mercedes C230

asked by on February 12, 2017

While driving on a dirt road my front left tire hit a very large rock. Now when the wheel is straight the left tire turns in compared to the right side which is straight. No matter which way you turn the wheel the one on the left is off a good few inches (compared to where it should be with the wheel). I took apart all of the components and nothing is bent. Could an alignment on the car fix this issue? As far as I knew an alignment doesn't control this kind of position the tire is in now.

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - you are correct, an alignment is not going to properly repair this damage. There may be a bent or otherwise damaged suspension control arm (lower) or tie rod. I recommend a steering and suspension inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. After this damage is repaired, you will need to get the front end re-aligned with the new parts.