Q: I bought a new battery from Walmart 2 months ago to replace the one I had. I went out to crank my van and it struggled to start.

the new battery is dead and wont take a charge

If the battery is dead and it is only 2 months old then return it for replacement. Once you install the battery you should have the charging system checked by a mechanic like one from YourMechanic. The charging system should charge at about 13.5 volts and 65 to 75 amps from the alternator. Replace alternator if it is not charging enough.

• I bought a new battery from Walmart 2 months ago to replace the one I had. I went out to crank my van and it struggled to start.