Q: The car shutters, has difficulty accelerating

asked by on June 15, 2016

Hi. My car has around 150,000 miles on it. The check engine light has recently started flashing occasionally on the dash. There is some shuttering of the vehicle as well as trouble increasing the speed. I was told this might be caused by cylinder misfiring, worn spark plugs or coils. Do you have any idea what might cause this? Thank you in advance.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Engine hesitates during acceleration Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The flashing Check Engine Light indicates a fault that has the potential to damage the vehicle’s catalytic converter. The car flashes the Check Engine Light to let you know that the car should be checked as soon as possible. Catalytic converters are expensive parts and are used to clean the exhaust of many harmful engine emissions. Potential causes are a misfire condition, fuel injector, spark plugs, coils, or oxygen sensor. If you want to have this looked at by a professional, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your acceleration issue and perform any repairs required.