Q: My car won't move into drive I have to go into second or first gear get up shifts

My car won't move when I put it in drive I have to go in to first. And then I have to upshift

A: Hi there, thanks for writing in about your ...

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2006 Chevrolet Impala. I would first start by making sure the transmission fluid level is correct. Also, there is a solenoid that is activated to allow the car to go into gear which can sometimes be faulty. I would suggest checking and potentially replacing this. I would suggest having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair the shifting problem if you need further help.