Q: Is it bad to drive a car with a bad throttle body??

With my bad throttle body I'm having miss fires. My idle sometimes spikes up and sometimes down as well. I'm moving and I have to travel 9 hours. So would it be bad for the car if I drive that far with the bad throttle body

Hey there. This may not immediately affect your car’s engine. However, it will continue to cause intermittent misfires and will gradually get worse. This may also have an impact on other parts as well since the missing cylinder will still be receiving fuel. This fuel only has one of two places it could go: either out of the exhaust as raw unburnt fuel causing damage to the catalytic converter (which may also trigger more fault codes such as the O2 sensor), OR this fuel will end up down in the oil with the oil which causes the oil to break down. When this happens, the oil loses its effectiveness on protecting other vital engine parts. For more help, I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose and repair the misfire for you.