Q: Do you need to remove the engine on a 2010 GMC acadia to replace oil pan

Do I have to remove the engine on a 2010 GMC acadia to replace the oil pan

Oil Pan Replacement $294.47 - $1359.54 Get a Quote

If the oil pan is blocked by other components of the vehicle that are preventing it from being removed, this can be resolved in a few different ways. The engine could be removed and the oil pan replaced very easily but this would require the most labor time. The subframe could also be lowered and the engine supported with something else while the oil pan is replaced. This route could also result in a lot of potential extra labor. The final way I can think of that may enable the oil pan to be removed is to simply raise the engine up a little bit. This can be done by releasing all of the engine mounts and then using a hoise to raise the engine until the oil pan will clear.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr