Q: CV joint damage

What damage can CV joints do to a van

A: ...

Q: Power window issues

The motor for the window is most likely bad. There are some gears within the motor gear itself that are made of plastic. When the window gets any resistance the motor gears can strip out and cause the windows to...

Q: Car is making a "womp" sound when driving

Thank you for writing in about your Oldsmobile Silhouette. You may have damaged one of the tire's internal cords. I recommend having the tires ran on a tire balancer using road force to see exactly which tire is damaged. If...

Q: Clunking noise when accelerating, only in drive

As you may know, this is a common sign of a failing CV joint. A CV (Constant Velocity) joint is a shaft that connects the transmission to the wheels, essentially transferring the power from the drive train directly to the...