Q: coolant replacement

asked by on February 20, 2017

This truck has no radiator cap. How can one replace coolant once the old stuff is drained?

Hello. The radiator cap for your particular vehicle can be purchased a part store like Advanced Auto or AutoZone. The radiator cap should cost about 8 to 15 dollars. The Duralast and Dorman radiator cap listed at AutoZone should fit your vehicle. You may review the radiator caps here.

http://www.autozone.com/cooling-heating-and-climate-control/radiator-cap?filterByKeyWord=radiator+cap&fromString=search&isIgnoreVehicle=false

Before purchasing I suggest you call the part store and ask them if the cap will fit your particular vehicle

The coolant system can be refilled using the following procedure https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/how-to-check-and-add-radiator-fluid-by-ian-swan

When the coolant system is drained air will be introduced into the system and will need to be bled out. Air inside of the coolant system may cause overheating. A technician will likely have to bleed the air out of the system for you. A coolant flush from YourMechanic will include bleeding the coolant system. Our average price for a coolant system flush is $89 - 111 dollars.

You are able to chose a mobile technician and schedule a coolant system flush for your vehicle here

https://www.yourmechanic.com