Q: Car groaning when turning

asked by on March 01, 2016

After warming up, my car groans like there is a problem with the steering pump and turning the steering wheel creates a louder groan. I can see no loss of fluid in the power steering reservoir level, though I can see power steering fluid on the ground leaking from either the steering rack or the pump.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Sometimes air can get sucked into the power steering lines and the bubbles going through the power steering pump. This causes the growling you are describing. I would suggest having a qualified mechanic diagnose the noise to ensure that this is the problem and also fix your leak.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr