Q: Put the wrong type of gas into my car

I bought my car a few days ago, and I put regular 87-ethanol gas in it. But, I am supposed to use premium gas. Can I mix premium gas in until the regular is gone? How do I do that?

Modern cars such as yours are able to use the 87 octane gas even though they are meant for 91 octane. The ECU is able to detect that the vehicle is running on 87 octane gas and reduces engine timing. When the car runs 87 instead of 91 it will reduce engine power and fuel efficiency. Your car will drive fine with this mixture. You can just refill it with the correct fuel when you are running close to empty.

3. Put the wrong type of gas into my car