Q: My car has warranty for drivetrain and engine will it cover p0418 secondary air injection system

My car has a check engine light on the code reads p0418 secondary air injection system relay control circuit I have warranty for engine and drivetrain is that covered or is it separate

Hi there. The causes of a P0418 trouble code often occur during cold weather and include water entering the secondary injection valve system via a faulty one-way check valve. Some other causes include wiring and connectors becoming burnt by high-temperature engine exhaust and an overloaded circuit, resulting in a blown fuse. Typically this would be considered a part of the electrical system, or vehicle operations system, which is typically not covered under a warranty. However, a quick phone call to your dealership to ask them about that would easily answer the question. If they can’t help you, please feel free to set up a warning light inspection so one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and determine what needs to be done to resolve this problem.

3. My car has warranty for drivetrain and engine will it cover p0418 secondary air injection system