Q: My car has warranty for drivetrain and engine will it cover p0418 secondary air injection system

asked by on August 01, 2017

My car has a check engine light on the code reads p0418 secondary air injection system relay control circuit I have warranty for engine and drivetrain is that covered or is it separate

Hi there. The causes of a P0418 trouble code often occur during cold weather and include water entering the secondary injection valve system via a faulty one-way check valve. Some other causes include wiring and connectors becoming burnt by high-temperature engine exhaust and an overloaded circuit, resulting in a blown fuse. Typically this would be considered a part of the electrical system, or vehicle operations system, which is typically not covered under a warranty. However, a quick phone call to your dealership to ask them about that would easily answer the question. If they can’t help you, please feel free to set up a warning light inspection so one of our mobile mechanics can come to your location and determine what needs to be done to resolve this problem.