Q: My Check Engine Light came on and reads the code P0108. What is the problem?

My check engine light came on and truck sounds like it wants to turn off I checked on the codes and this is what it marks p0108 what do I need to do

Hello. The code P0108 means the manifold absolute pressure (MAP) circuit is detecting a high input voltage. The PCM and MAP sensor communicate through a 5 volt wire that changes voltages as the sensor’s reading changes. When the sensor detects a voltage too high for normal specifications, the code is set to inform you there has been a malfunction. These sensors will detect any issues with engine vacuum, a bad sensor, or a short in the circuit. You can test vacuum if you are worried that may be an issue. If the engine is running sound, and there has been no damage to the wires, chances are you need a new MAP sensor installed.

• My Check Engine Light came on and reads the code P0108. What is the problem?