Q: How can I get my car to start when the theft system won't allow my key to turn over?

My key got broke and I thought I could buy a new one. The key doesn't have the chip in it it needs for it to start so the theft system kicked in. It says it may not restart and tells me to remove the key from the ignition.

The security chip is designed to keep your vehicle from starting without the owner’s key. Unfortunately, you will need to obtain a key with a chip and have it programed to the vehicle. A mobile locksmith may be able to provide this service or you may have the local dealership cut and program a key for you, using your VIN number.

3. How can I get my car to start when the theft system won't allow my key to turn over?