Q: My car makes a very odd beeping noise, what gives?

75% of the time I start my car I have this issue, and its either all or nothing: I unlock the car, get in, hold my clutch in, take it out of gear (parking brake still on) and crank over the starter, the engine starts fine but I hear 5-6 very fast and loud beeps. The beeps will repeat once I am releasing the clutch and giving it gas to take off, and sometimes when I'm about 20 feet from my parking space in first gear but only on those three instances will it ever do the beeping. Now, its not every drive cycle, but most of them. It is not only on cold starts. It is not the "hourly" BMW beep nor the "excessively cold/hot weather " BMW beep, I have searched hundreds of times for the answer and it seems nobody else has run across this (from what I've seen). Please help!

A: Hi there. This is most likely a service rem...

Hi there. This is most likely a service reminder indicator chiming. Take note of any messages on the display panel. It could also be the seat belt reminder chiming. This could be due to the belt being unfastened or the sensor thinking it is unfastened. A technician with a high end scanner, such as one from YourMechanic, can see which services are due and reset the reminders.