Q: How do I secure a child restraint system with a seat belt?

How do I secure a child restraint system with a seat belt?

When using a seat belt to secure a child restraint system, follow these steps: 1. Place the restraint firmly in the seat. 2. Grab the shoulder belt and lap belt together, directly behind the belt tongue. 3. Route both ports of the belt through the seat, following the instructions provided with the seat. 4. Buckle the belt. 5. Pull on the belt, to make sure it is properly fastened. 6. Pull the shoulder belt downward until the entire belt is removed from the retractor, then allow the belt to full retract. This sets the automatic locking mode. 7. Try to move the belt to make sure it is properly locked. 8. Remove any slack from the belt.