Q: What could be the problem? Overheating and leaking. 2004 Nissan Sentra

asked by on August 25, 2016

Car is jerking when car is at 2 RPM and water spewing out of radiator, Speedometer going crazy. Car was overheating about two weeks ago and the radiator had a leak, we took it to a shop and the mechanic said that it wasn't really bad enough to fix at that time. Now it is doing this.

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there, thanks for writing in about your 2004 Nissan Sentra. Any coolant leaks need to be addressed soon. There isn’t any condition where loss of coolant is okay. Whatever is leaking needs to be repaired. If it is overheating bad enough, there is a variety of symptoms that you will experience. The biggest of which is a blown head gasket, which is very possible in this case. Four cylinder motors are not great at handling overheating conditions. So either the head gasket was the initial cause of the overheating, or you are in danger of creating a blown head gasket. In order to have this addressed, I recommend having a certified technician inspect the overheating issue firsthand to determine what fixes will be necessary.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr