Q: Having problem installing alternator in a 2005 nisson pathfinder. Bolts don't line up.

asked by on May 17, 2017

Alternator in a my 2005 nisson pathfinder won't line up when I try to put bolts in new alternator. Very frustrating.

Alternator Replacement $149.30 - $1391.75 Get a Quote

Hi there. Typically when bolts don’t line up when everything else is properly aligned, it’s due to the wrong replacement part being used. There are two things I would recommend. First, search online to find the recommended replacement alternator for the vehicle you have, and make sure it matches the one you bought. If it does, the next thing I’d do is purchase a service and repair manual for your 2005 Nissan Pathfinder and follow their listed steps exactly as it’s listed. If you continue to have trouble, it might be best to have one of our professional mechanics come to your location and complete the alternator replacement for you.