Q: Can a camshaft position sensor make my SUV have the code p0300 multiple misfire?

?

If the camshaft position sensor waveform output is abnormal (as viewed on an automotive scope), that can cause misfiring but such must first be confirmed by actually testing the sensor especially as there are many, many causes of misfiring and, in the absence of an actual diagnostic, no one of these causes is any more likely than the other to be the actual cause of your misfiring. Diagnostic Trouble Code P0300 can set if you have faulty spark plugs, low compression, damage or excessive wear of spark plug wires and/or coils, faulty fuel injectors, clogged EGR valves or tubes, burned valves, improper ignition timing, vacuum leaks, leaking head gasket, faulty camshaft sensor, faulty crankshaft sensor, faulty mass air flow sensor, faulty oxygen sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, faulty catalytic converter, and others. If you want the cause of the misfiring pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.