Q: Air not working consistently

The air conditioning is not working consistently. Also, the car sometimes seems to be blowing hot air when the heater is not on.

A: The vehicle may be low on refrigerant, due ...

The vehicle may be low on refrigerant, due to a condenser, or compressor leak. If the vehicle blows ice cold one minute, then warm until the vehicle or AC is shut off, then you may have a malfunctioning expansion valve. Another possibility is malfunctioning controls. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run an inspection on your AC system, and recommend the best path to repair.