Q: Air not working consistently

asked by on February 17, 2016

The air conditioning is not working consistently. Also, the car sometimes seems to be blowing hot air when the heater is not on.

The vehicle may be low on refrigerant, due to a condenser, or compressor leak. If the vehicle blows ice cold one minute, then warm until the vehicle or AC is shut off, then you may have a malfunctioning expansion valve. Another possibility is malfunctioning controls. I recommend having a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, run an inspection on your AC system, and recommend the best path to repair.