Q: Transmission lost all fluid I refilled it and now you step on gas and car wont go. 2003 Saturn Vue

This transmission is a closed unit as I was told...you couldn't even check the fluid with a dip stick when it seemed to be acting funny...I was told to put in a new transmission and it would cost $5000...

Hello - if the vehicle was driven any distance with low fluid, major damage could have occurred. If the transmission now has a proper, clean fluid level, and won’t move in any gear, there is likely serious damage. I would recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Transmission lost all fluid I refilled it and now you step on gas and car wont go. 2003 Saturn Vue