Q: Used wrong oil, then installed new radiator 3 days later now car won't move forward when put in drive

2 quarts of the wrong oil were put in my 1997 Honda Civic EX (automatic). Car ran fine for about one week, then started to over heat every half mile or so. Radiator had a minor hole/crack at top next to fill cap. Installed a new radiator 2 days later but hoses weren't tightly secured with original ring clamps. The car was packed front to back with my belongings (because I was moving) which added extreme weight to the car and caused it to ride very low to the ground. The car overheated again so I looked under the car and noticed that the main radiator hose came off, so reattached it using zip ties. Turned the car on, put it in drive, hit the gas, but car failed to move forward . What do I need to do to fix this issue? And do I need to buy a new part or tools?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Unfortunately you are in a situation where multiple variables are not helping the problem. To start, having the car weighted down does add extra load to the engine and can cause overheating. Secondly the wrong type of oil needs to be changed out immediately. Make sure the oil filter is changed as well. The wrong oil can harm the oil pump and other parts of the engine. The oil does a significant amount to help cool down the engine. Without the right kind and level of oil pumping through the engine, the cooling system struggles to keep up (and that is without the extra load). As far as the vehicle not moving, there may have been more serious damage done to the engine by the overheating process. Heat is the number one killer of engines. Fore more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.