Q: Vibration or is shaking feeling in seat and steering wheel.

It started about 6 month ago. When I notice the handling was getting bad and started feeling vibration at highway speeds. The tires were only a year old and I was having them rotated when I had synthetic oil change done. I took Hyundai dealer for another warranty issue and asked them to check suspension for possible problems. I had front brakes replaced and they told me all 4 tires were (chopped). I took NTB and asked how &why. They said bad shocks. So I replaced all 4 shocks and rear brakes. I asked if I had to purchase new tires and was told that the new shocks should help even out tire and should be better in about 1000 miles or so. When that did not work. I went to Firestone this time and purchased 4 new tires. They installed and balanced and said your ready to go. I took it on the highway and it vibrant bad. I took it back he said 1tire was 1/4ozoff. Your ready to go. I got on Highway same problem. Went to a diff Firestone they said they fix it, NOT..WHY WON'T THE TIRES Balance?

I would take the vehicle to another shop and ask them to check the lateral run-out of both the tires and the wheels. Lateral run-out is the side to side motion. Wheels that are slightly bent or out of round, can sometimes balance perfectly on the wheel balance machine, but cause a vibration on the road because of the side to side motion. The same can happen with tires. Tire technology has come a long way, but we still see bad ones time to time. All it takes is one tire or wheel to give you a vibration. typically when you feel a vibration in the steering wheel, it’s a front tire/wheel issue, and when you feel the vibration in the seat, it’s typically a rear tire/wheel issue. If you are feeling it in both the seat and the steering wheel, you either have more than one wheel or tire causing the issue, or just one that has excessive run-out. I suggest another tire shop because if they do find it is the tires, you can take that information back to where you got the tires and demand they are replaced. If they give you a problem, then contact their headquarters.

3. Vibration or is shaking feeling in seat and steering wheel.