Q: I can put my clutch in and put the car in gear and car won't die?

Originally before my car stopped driving my car would not accelerate past 2500 rpms. But now with the car undrivable i can put it in any gear and my foot off the clutch and the car won't die. She has 130xxx miles on her. I've bought a new clutch just am hoping there are other things I can try first.

The first issue sounds like you have throttle problem. You may want to take off the intake and see if your throttle body is moving freely. It could be dirty and need to be cleaned. Check the cable that is on your throttle body also and make sure they are in sync. Your cable may be the issue here. Your problem doesn’t sound much like its the clutch. The real question is... Will it move after you take your foot off of the clutch. Check your fuel filter too. If you need help inspecting the fuel filter or throttle body, I recommend having YourMechanic dispatch a professional technician to your location to have this looked into.

3. I can put my clutch in and put the car in gear and car won't die?